Bakgrunn

fredag 2. desember 2011

SOUS die cut challenge - CHRISTMAS TREE

It is December - one of my favourite months! This year I have done so much preperations beforehand, so I hope for a peaceful Advent with lots of joy, crafting and candles. It is dark most of the time now, so for me there is nothing better than making a great cup of tea, light some candles, listen to Christmas music and make something for Christmas. Hope I can inspire you to do the same.

The die cut challenge at Stuck On U Sketches this week is the Christmas tree. I know that a lot of my american friends have this up and lit already, but in Norway we don't usually decorate the tree till December 23d. Last year we spent at my parents house, and we got to cut our own tree. This year we are at home in Bodø, so we have to settle for a store bought one,  but I long as I can smell the needles on the tree I am happy!

My dad, husband and daughter with one of our trees from last year
Enough chatting and on to my card: I have used one of the Christmas trees from the Christmas solutions cart for my card. I love this swirly tree. there is a quite similar one on the Lyrical letters cart, but I think this is the more elegant one.


I found a tutorial for making the folding on my card HERE. Text is in norwegian, but I think you can understand it from the scheme (she uses metric measurings). I love these "wooden" papers from Papirdesign. They are from a collection from 2010, and can be used for every season. Pearls are also from the same producer. Not much going on on this card, but that is me LOL

5 kommentarer:

Tammy E. sa...

Gorgeous! I've always loved that tree cut. Great card design too!

Scossie Jane sa...

A beautiful card Stine. The tree is indeed elegant. Love the gold garlands as accents.... Hugs x

**Treefrog** sa...

So Pretty! This is one of my favorite trees too! Looks like alot of fun with the family getting the Christmas Tree, great picture!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Elise sa...

Wow this is so beautiful! Love the colors .. absolutely ELEGANT card!

Hugs,
Elise

annette sa...

gorgeous Stine ... love reading the different traditions at Christmas .. Thanks for sharing .. hugz X:)