Bakgrunn

torsdag 14. april 2011

SOUS - April 15th - Friends and Princesses

Since my last post I am finally happy to announce that spring is here!!! Yuhuuu! Not exactly warm, but at least the snow is gone :) Here is a picture from today of my kids in their new sweaters and hats that their grandmother have knitted. 

The kids with new sweaters and hats!

I am a terrible blogger. I even have several cards and two layouts that I have not posted from the last weeks, but I never seem to find the time. Will try to post some more the coming week though, as I have taken the next one and a half week off for the Easter holidays, and we are driving south to my parents house tomorrow (1137 km...) 

Enough chit chat though. I have a cute cute layout to show you this time. A picture taken of my daughter and her two friends a couple of months ago. The girl in the middle turned five, and she had a dress up birthday party, and of course all the girls came as princesses... (here you can see Cinderella, Tiana and Aurora). 

My daughter as Cinderella, and her two friends Tiana and Aurora :)

The sketch for our challenge at Stuck On U Sketches this week is by Liz Qualman. It is quite simple, so you can easily adapt it to your own style and theme. I chose the sweet and romantic style with soft colors, flowers and butterflies to match the cute princesses dresses. The title is partly a piece of chipboard, that I painted in a soft pink color, for the norwegian word for Friends (Venner), and Gypsy Font welded for the subtitle. I have also used my cricut and Indy arts for the pink and blue bird in the upper left corner of the photo, and Every Day Paperdolls for three butterflies in three different colors, pink, blue and green (that I later covered with diamond stickles). The flowers are from Prima and Papirloftet, and the leaves are made with a Nellie Snellen punch. 



On the other side of the picture I have used these beautiful bling brads from Papirloftet (my favourite norwegian online scrapbooking store) in the same colors as the girls dresses again.

I have tried using embellishments in the same colors
as the girls dresses.

Now it is time for bed. Make sure you stop by SOUS to see the creations from my team mates, and join our challenge. Remember you have two weeks to enter!
Happy Easter :)

5 kommentarer:

Sandi Clarkson sa...

Hey, there! What a great page .. love the florals and butterflies paired with such a great photo! Just wanted to quickly stop by .. I am off to do some laundry and housecleaning.

Bonnie aka Cinnabon sa...

how beautiful and soft your layout is! Love the flowers and the butterflies!

annette sa...

pretty princesses always brighten my day ... love this Stine .. luv X:)

Fern sa...

Stine, what a beautiful layout!!! Love the flowers and bling!!! And the photo is priceless... Hugs!!!

Catharina sa...

Du er så flink :) Kjempe fint! Kanskje du kan arrangere kurs? ;)